The 4th Annual City Nation Place UK conference takes place in London on 9 November – book now to join place leadership teams from towns, cities, and regions across the UK to learn how local authorities, BID teams, destination marketing organisations and economic development teams are working together to build more sustainable and attractive place economies.
Through case studies, panels, and round-table discussions, the conference provides the opportunity to step back from the day-to-day to improve your understanding of how a strategic and more collaborative approach to managing the liveability, attractiveness, reputation, and growth of a place will deliver more successful outcomes. You’ll learn….
- Understand how new strategies are being developed at national level and what this means for your own place vision, as senior leaders from the teams at the GREAT Britain Campaign, Visit Wales, Visit Scotland, & Visit England share their insight
- Discover actionable ideas to help you navigate the new changes to structure, funding, and support the DMOs in your area will receive as the government formalises its response to the DeBois report
- Explore how you can better manage collaboration between your stakeholders - or even fellow cities - in order to drive greater return for your community and compete for students, skills, and talent, as you dive into practical case studies from Brixton, Exeter, and Sheffield.
- Hear the international perspective as speakers from around the world share their experience on how to develop a future-proof strategy for talent attraction.
- Learn how places are re-imagining and re-mixing space and place to adapt to changing lifestyles and work patterns, to improve quality of life and to attract visitors and investors
- Identify ways to take your events to the next level as you hear how Dubai are building a long-term strategy for soft power and economic development off the back of the successful Dubai 2020 Expo.
PLUS – as an attendee at the UK conference, you will also have the opportunity to join tourism and economic development teams from around the world attending our Global conference as we bring both delegations together at the end of the afternoon to discuss the global talent crisis and how place-to-place collaborations, from nation-to-nation to district-to-district, are creating learning, marketing, and economic opportunities.