Resilience: taking places from surviving to thriving
With the City Nation Place Global Forum just a few days away, here’s our final taster of insights you can anticipate at this year’s event.
According to Oxford Living Dictionaries, “resilience" is “the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties”. For places, this translates to the ability to overcome and even to head-off adversity – whether that’s economic, political or social.
We didn’t set out to highlight resilience at this year’s City Nation Place Global, but it’s a theme that has woven itself naturally through the agenda; reflecting the increasingly important role place brand strategy has to play in a world that is changing faster than ever before.
Whether you’re responsible for a national, regional or city brand; whether promoting tourism, attracting talent or driving economic development, discover how:
- Manchester’s evolving place brand underpins its remarkable ability to overcome adversity and drive economic growth
- Place making can transform neighbourhoods such as Dublin’s Temple Bar, from areas ravaged by urban decay to thriving tourism destinations
- From Atlanta to Zanzibar, and many places in between, collaboration through city networks is bolstering urban resilience and broadening opportunities
- By hosting mega events, perceptions on the world stage are changing of places that are emerging from periods of economic decline
- Sustainable tourism, trade and talent attraction can be boosted through effective citizen and stakeholder engagement
- Private sector partnerships are building stability into place brand strategies
- In a world where disruption is the new normal, places can not only survive but also thrive by staying ahead of the curve with digital place branding and marketing
City Nation Place Global Forum provides a melting pot of inspiration, contacts and practical learning.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to meet with peers from all over the world and take away practical insights that will inform your own place brand strategies and tactics for the next 12 months and beyond.
BOOK NOW to join them at City Nation Place Global Forum